Saturday, May 3, 2008

SANFORD POTTERY FESTIVAL

Today I went over to the pottery festival in Sanford, NC. The pottery was amazing.
I bought the mug/cup that you see below. I surprised myself by getting a hand built one instead of a thrown one. I saw some great thrown ones but the ones that I really liked were out of my price range. This one below was only $10.00 and so cool!
The potter is Marshall Art - Unusual Clay Sculpture
He said his web site is out of date but here it is anyway:
www.makerofthewoos.com

Marshall Art - Unusual Clay Sculpture
Waxhaw, NC


A big thank you to all of the shop owners who allowed me to take these pictures!
Moose Hollow Pottery
Thomasville, NC

This is Lorrie Anderson from Moose Hollow Pottery. The face jugs she makes are really great! Most of the ones you see are really scary looking but hers make you giggle.

Marshall Art - Unusual Clay Sculpture
Waxhaw, NC
www.makerofthewoos.com


Chrisco's Pottery in Rural Hall, NC
These are Raku glazed. Red, Black and White is such a cool combo!

Seagrove Stoneware - Seagrove, NC
David Fernandez in the artist. I overheard him say that all of the glaze is his own formulas. Very Cool!
www.seagrovestoneware.com

Raku by Andy Smith
Marshville, NC
I loved this blue design on this pot! He had several different shapes with this same raku design!

Rock Hill Pottery Center
Robert Hasselle
Rock Hill, SC

Here are some other potters that I liked below but I have no pictures.

Uwharrie Crystalline Pottery
William and Pamela Kennedy
Seagrove, NC

Kathy Whitley Pottery
leatherandpottery.com
Pink Hill, NC

Clay Play
Kannapolis, NC

Linda Dalton Pottery
West End, NC
lindadaltonpottery.com

Have a great week!
Kate



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your mug/cup by Marshall Art. What is the name of the person that made it? You said their old website was www.makerofthewoos.com. I heard of that a long time ago.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a Marshall peice. It looks similar to the dragon type that is in your pictures of Marshall Art-Unusual Clay Sculptures. Just looking for info on it. I can send a picture if you like. Thanks,
Harry
blayte@verizon.net